Monday, December 17, 2012

Savannah, here we come

Savannah, here we come

When I started working in the Alumni Office at Oglethorpe University, I had recently moved from Savannah, Ga., to Atlanta (followed a boyfriend who’s now my husband). Savannah is my hometown – I grew up there, moved away for college for four years and then immediately returned to my coastal city.
And while I do love living here in Atlanta, one of the things I’m most proud of is Savannah.  I am always ready to tell someone all about Savannah. I love it. It has so much to offer: breathtaking live oak trees with Spanish moss dangling from them; the coastal waterways; the gorgeous architecture; the rich history. And that Southern cuisine. Mmmmm…
I am so happy to blog about this news….
In honor of the university’s 175th anniversary of its founding, Oglethorpe University alumni, faculty/staff and friends are invited to visit Savannah, the landing point of James Edward Oglethorpe – the university’s namesake.
The fall weekend (Friday, September 24 – Sunday, September 26) will be an absolute treat.
Here’s everything we’ll do: stay two evenings at the award-winning Mulberry Inn; dine at Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House; visit City Market and River Street; catch some Savannah Jazz Festival events; enjoy a historic tour of the Downtown Historic District; enjoy wine and refreshments at the private home of historian John Duncan who lives on Monterey Square; hear from an urban planner/architect about Savannah’s squares; leave the Historic District one morning to tour Savannah’s Lowcountry (Bethesda Home for Boys, Wormsloe and Isle of Hope); dinner at the Olde Pink House – a Savannah favorite; and even creep around the city for a Haunted Pub Crawl. All of this – and plenty of “free time.”

View the entire itinerary and cost of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad